FRENCH BULLDOG PUPPIES HEALTH GUARANTEE / SALES CONTRACT
LDF guarantees all papers on stated registered puppies. LDF guarantees all puppies to have had all treatments and vaccinations as stated on your puppy’s written health record. LDF makes no guarantees of your puppy’s mature size, or that it will be of show or breeding quality. LDF recommends that you Spay/Neuter this puppy anytime after 6 months of age or age-based upon a vet’s opinion.
All LDF puppies are health checked by our veterinarian within 30 days of the 10-week old birthday /purchase date. The wellness check document is included and part of this contract. Any disease or disorder revealed by our veterinarian’s examination will be documented under the special disclosures section of this contract, as well as the agreed-upon remedy or compensation (if any) needed.
*Buyer agrees that they have thoroughly researched the French Bulldog breed, and understand the many possible health issues they can encounter. Our health guarantee covers life-threatening conditions only. They do not cover issues that can be treated. Some issues can be very expensive, especially in the bulldog breed. We highly suggest enrolling your puppy in pet health insurance for at least the first year.*
Conditions that are considered commonplace in puppies/dogs and bulldog breeds, including, but not limited to: Parasites, Giardia, Coccidia, Cherry Eye, Demodex, Kennel Cough, Deafness in high white dogs, inverted tails, cataracts, undescended testicle, heatstroke, brachycephalic syndrome, skin allergies, entropion, stenotic nares, tracheal collapse, heart murmurs, fleas, ticks, mites, patellar luxation, VWD, IVDD, or injury causing broken limbs/slipped discs.
Your puppy has been checked and preventative care has been given for most of the aforementioned conditions. In the case of Luxating Patellas or Brachycephalic syndrome, please note a veterinary diagnosis can not, and treatment should not be given until after the puppy is a minimum of one year of age.
LDF strives to produce the healthiest puppies possible, we do not breed dogs with undesirable conditions, but we cannot guarantee that previous generations did not have these conditions in their lines; therefore, we cannot guarantee these conditions will not show up unbeknownst to us, in future litters. We are always highly concerned about the subsequent health of all our puppies. Please contact us immediately for a consultation if any of these conditions should occur throughout the life of your dog. This type of information is very important to our breeding program.
Conditions such as cherry eye for example, which can indeed look very bad, are often easily treated. We are more than happy to advise about any surgical or medical treatment options throughout the lifetime of our dogs. We also enjoy hearing updates on how healthy and well our dogs are doing in their new homes. Any and all updates are always welcomed.
LDF LIMIT OF REFUND LIABILITY:
(1) If No later than 10 days after purchasing this puppy from LDF: The purchaser has the dog examined by a veterinarian and the examination (including at least one snap test and lab analysis) reveals that the dog has contracted:
Parvo Virus: Common incubation time for Parvo is 3-10 days. Therefore, after 5 days we consider any infection of the puppy to be the sole responsibility of the purchaser. The Buyer agrees that if Parvo Virus is diagnosed, (and travel is reasonable) the buyer will return the puppy IMMEDIATELY so that we may administer treatment here.
We take precautions to avoid these conditions and require that you do the same in preparing your home and after receiving your puppy.
(2) If No later than one year after purchasing this puppy from LDF: The purchaser has the dog examined by a veterinarian and the examination reveals that the dog has a life-threatening genetic or hereditary disease or defect. LDF does not guarantee against any condition which is not 100% conclusively hereditary.
(3) To qualify for a refund for disease or disorder as stated above: The purchaser, no later than four business days after the dated veterinary examination that revealed the disease or disorder, must:
- Provide LDF with a dated written statement by the examining veterinarian that the dog has a life-threatening disease or congenital defect, also any radiographs, lab analysis, all case notes, etc. as it pertains to said condition.
- Provide LDF with proof of the sale, including but not limited to, the date of sale. LDF may seek a second opinion from a veterinarian of our choosing.
(4) A purchaser that complies with the conditions of this contract may agree that LDF reimburses the purchaser for the cost of veterinary care provided in connection with the disease or congenital disorder as described in this section. The purchaser may also accept a replacement puppy instead of a total refund. The duty of LDF to reimburse the purchaser for the cost of veterinary care shall be limited to the purchase price of the puppy. A purchaser that agrees to accept reimbursement or replacement waives any other claim against LDF for reimbursement of the cost of veterinary care for the puppy. LDF has up to 30 days to complete its investigation and issue the agreed-upon reimbursement.
(1) Buyer agrees to provide for the care and safety of the puppy including proper shelter, nutritious food, water, exercise, and have regular immunizations and examinations by a Veterinarian.
You agree that you have received a written health record from LDF that has recorded vaccinations/worming/treatments, with the projected dates to complete the required vaccinations/worming/treatments needed to protect the puppy’s health.
(2) Buyer agrees to continue the development of temperament and socialization of the puppy. This includes proper training for obedience, exposure to people, other dogs, and new environments. *We feel that temperament and socialization are directly related to each other and we spend a great deal of time socializing our puppies until they go into their new homes.*
(3) Buyer agrees to keep puppy restricted to their home environment until 1 week after 4th and final puppy vaccination. The puppy should not be taken to public places such as dog parks and doggy daycare, where the risk of contracting a disease is high.
This contract does NOT cover ANY condition caused by insufficient care of the puppy after you have responsibility for it.
* Insufficient care is considered by us to be care that falls short of what we have instructed you to provide as part of the “required reading pages”.
(4) It is your responsibility to place this puppy in an appropriate home, OR Return it to us, regardless of financial compensation if:
A. The puppy does not“bond” with you or your family (including other pets)
B. Your living situation changes and you are no longer able to have pets.
C. You change your mind for any reason and do not wish to have the puppy as part of your family.
We are more than happy to assist you with advice on how to do this and pass on contacts of anyone who may be interested in adopting your puppy. Actual screening and agreement of adoption is up to you.
Abuse or taking this puppy/dog to a shelter or rescue must never occur. You must contact us if you are no longer able to care for this puppy/dog.
(5) In the event that LDF determines, in its sole discretion, that you are not providing adequate food, shelter, veterinary care or is otherwise in breach of any of its obligations herein, LDF shall be entitled to take back the dog and make appropriate arrangements for the dog’s care and/or re-adoption. Should such an event occur, any adoption fee made by you shall be forfeited.
All sales are final and irreversible with the only exceptions being those as stated above.
Both the seller and the purchaser agree that this contract and sale of this puppy are under the jurisdiction of the state of Florida.